25 April 2019

Life goes on

OK, so it's been three months since that fateful day and I feel able to write on here again.

While that day was the worst day of my life bar none (including the day Richard died) - because I KNEW what - and when- was going to happen, the next day I woke with a weight off my shoulders; it was absolutely the right thing to do.

So now it's just me, Maddie and Gizzy.

And everyone's been affected, the balance has changed and we all have too.

Gizzy is grumpier and bullies Maddie. She wants to sit on my lap all the time and if I'm not there heads over to the neighbours and tries to get into their house instead.

Maddie is constantly getting into trouble. I think she's looking for attention. I've been really busy since Murphy died - taking the opportunity to go see everyone I haven't seen for over a year. I've tried to take her whenever possible, but I've also been out the house a lot without her.

At the weekend I was away to London so Emily, Alex and Jake stayed over. Emily made chilli on the Saturday, for dinner on Sunday. She put it aside to cool and left the room. When she got back, it was EVERYWHERE! All over the rug, the walls, everything! We still have no idea how that happened.

Maddie then spent the next day throwing up (it had onions in it), apparently even the cat threw up (did she eat any?) and the following day their dog Jake threw up all day too!! ('cos he is a dog and dogs are disgusting and he'd eaten Maddie's sick)

When I got back all was calm. Maddie was obviously repenting her sins and decided to go with salad instead - she nicked the cucumber I'd left on the counter! I have a photo but can't upload it, you'll have to use your imagination!

Today, I don't know whether she was trying to tell me something but I followed a trail of toilet paper from outside the bathroom door, up the corridor and into her room - and her bed! Hard to hide that, Maddie!!!

Bless her, I let her off because she was such a good girl at the groomer's this morning. She was incredibly fluffy and is now sleek and trim. For a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment